Thursday, November 21, 2013

I should automatically get an A in statistics

So I'm taking statistics this semester, and it was pretty easy at first.  Pretty much your average high school stat class up until the first exam.  After that, shit hit the fan and the teacher went from acting like it was elementary school to flying through the material that was actually hard, granted it is a college class and I'm a senior.  But here's the real bullshit... my professor doesn't even know how to use a TI-84 calculator.  If you don't know what I'm talking about, then you had a horrible middle school career.  If you weren't playing Phoenix and Uncle Worm then you got stuffed into lockers and pushed into dog shit. And if you couldn't beat Block Dude then you pretty much weren't allowed to pass into highschool. And somehow these games ended up getting JP a few detentions in his career, which I can vouch that were bullshit, and he's an asshole... no offense, but you just wouldn't be you as a nice person, and I love it.  But anyways, we spend numerous stat classes laughing and instructing our professor on how to use the calculator because he tries to gives us demonstrations and just starts mashing random buttons hoping it'll work.  Here's my question: How valid is a teacher's math class if he doesn't even know how to use a calculator that's been around for a solid 17 years. And that's a fact I looked it up, and its the benefit of the doubt. The TI-83 came out in 1996 and that's not even the oldest version. If you don't know how to show a class to find the standard deviation of a population, your tests are invalid and I want an A.


-Tiggs

No comments:

Post a Comment